- Log in to Gmail
- Go to Jeff’s Google+ Page and add him to your circles.
- Go to Diigo, register using your Google account.
- Join the Learning Call Group
- Complete an Entrance Survey.
- If you haven’t sent your ‘selfie’ to Jeff, email it to [email protected]
- Explore CALL websites or work on other items listed below.
- Create an account at Quizlet.com. Join the BUFS TTP Quizlet Class. Quizlet App here.
The goal of the first week is to get oriented to the course, acquainted with each other, and get set up with some of the accounts and tools we’ll be using (and to grab your first plate of goodies from the buffet).
- Go to gmail.com and Create a gmail account if you don’t already have one. (this ID might be used for public posting. If you want to remain anonymous online, please choose a pseudonym – don’t use your real name as an ID).
PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE, REMEMBER YOUR ID & PASSWORD!
- Create a Blog by going to http://blogger.com/ or clicking the ‘Google Matrix/More/Blogger’ from your Gmail menu. Blogger Guide here. Create your first blog post about anything you like.
To see some examples of what you can do with a ‘Blogger’ blog check out the ones below.
From former TTP Trainnes
- ESLTeacher in Korea (University instructor in Busan)
- LearningCall.net (this site)
- To experiment with your new blog, try
– posting a photo
– posting a video
– adding ‘gadgets’ to the side of your blog
– embedding a presentation from slideshare (using html mode)
- Create an account at Diigo.com Register here. Step by step Diigo Guide here. Make sure to Join the Learning Call Group . After you’ve registered, try bookmarking at least three sites. Diigo allows you to bookmark sites from any computer, share those links with others, and tune in to other peoples’ links.Sample the Buffet! Go to the Websites page and explore some of the CALL related websites or look through some of the skills guides listed in the left side column. Try to bookmark anything interesting using Diigo.
- Once you have created your blog and Diigo account, complete an Entrance Survey.
- Create an account at Quizlet.com. You can use your gmail address if desired. Join the BUFS TTP Quizlet Class. Quizlet App here.
- If you’d like to update your Google+ Profile, go to http://plus.google.com and click ‘Profile/About/Edit Profile’.