|Week#4 To Do List
- Watch Jeff’s Week#4 Overview Video (download video file here)
- For our next virtual session, go to this Doodle Meeting Survey Tool and select the times you would be available and interested in participating in a Virtual Session
(just thought we’d experiment with another collaboration tool this week).
- Look at The Learning CALL Video Guide and watch the screencasts there
The guide covers….
- Sites that use video for language learning
- Posting Videos on your blog
- Downloading YouTube and other online videos
- Editing videos with Windows Movie Maker
- Watching TV Shows and Movies online
- Screen capturing & sharing
- Look at the Language Learning Sites listed on the Video Guide Explore the sites listed there. Use Diigo to bookmark at least three of those or other video sites of interest.
- Go to YouTube.com, Ted Talks, or other video sharing sites, find any video of interest, and post it on your blog.
- Use a video download tool (like Torch or KeepVid.com) to save a video file from YouTube or another video sharing site.
– (Optional) Use Windows Movie Maker to edit that video (e.g. shorten it, add subtitles, etc.)
– Upload that video to your Google Drive and share it with [email protected]
- (Optional) Use your webcam to create and post your own video on YouTube. Become a YouTube Star!
- (Optional) Use a screencapture tool like Screencast-o-matic to record a screencast and post it to YouTube or your blog.
- (*Attendance Task*) Create a blog post that either
a) reflects on the video resources you’ve encountered this week
b) is a sample of video-related lesson materials you might use in your teaching context
Once you’ve create that post, go to the LearningCall Google Community and post a link to it.
Update on Course Assessment
Each week is worth 5 points. One task each week will be considered the attendance task which is worth two points. All other tasks will be worth 3 points. I am more concerned with sincere timely attempts at tasks than successful completion of all tasks each week.
14 x 5 = 70 points (16 weeks – midterm and final week = 14 weeks)
Midterm = 15 points
Final = 15 points.