The goal of the first two weeks is to get oriented to the course, acquainted with each other, and get set up with some of the accounts and tools we’ll be using (and to grab your first plate of goodies from the buffet).
- Go to gmail.com and Create a gmail account if you don’t already have one. (this ID might be used for public posting. If you want to remain anonymous online, please choose a pseudonym – don’t use your real name as an ID).
PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE, REMEMBER YOUR ID & PASSWORD!
- When logged in to your Gmail, go to Jeff’s Google+ Page and add him to your ‘circles’.
- Create a Blog by going to http://blogger.com/ or clicking the ‘Google Matrix/More/Blogger’ from your Gmail menu. Blogger Guide here. Create your first blog post about anything you like.
To see some examples of what you can do with a ‘Blogger’ blog check out the ones below.
From former TTP Trainees
… and others
- Collablogatorium (by Carla Arena – CALL practitioner extraordinaire)
- ESLTeacher in Korea (University instructor in Busan)
- LearningCall.net (this site)
- To experiment with your new blog, try
– posting a photo
– posting a video
– adding ‘gadgets’ to the side of your blog
- Create an account at Diigo.com Register here. Step by step Diigo Guide here. Make sure to Join the Learning Call Group . After you’ve registered, try bookmarking at least three sites. Diigo allows you to bookmark sites from any computer, share those links with others, and tune in to other peoples’ links.Sample the Buffet! Go to the Websites page and explore some of the CALL related websites . For a Korean-friendly look at some great CALL sites and tools, you can check out 오정훈 ‘s new site: http://www.ismartedu.net/ You can also look through some of the skills guides listed in the left side column. Try to bookmark anything interesting using Diigo.
- Once you have created your blog and Diigo account, complete an Entrance Survey.
- Create an account at Quizlet.com. You can use your gmail address if desired. Join the BUFS TTP Quizlet Class. Quizlet App here.
- If you’d like to update your Google+ Profile, go to http://plus.google.com and click ‘Profile/About/Edit Profile’.
- We will go over the Tips & Tricks page in class week#2. If you have any questions, take another look and/or ask Jeff for clarification.
- (Optional) Watch Salman Khan’s Ted Talk about The Flipped Classroom and/or the KBS Flipped Classroom Documentary. This course is conducted as a type of ‘Flipped Classroom’ and this will provide you with some background information about this approach.
(Optional) look at some of the tools we’ll be experimenting with and how former trainees have used them.
- Park Ji Hye’s Space Powtoon
- Lee Young Hye’s Quizlet Set
- Oh Hayeon’s Unit 5 Prezi
- Im Keun Mi’s Pancake Lesson – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
1 thought on “TTP Fall 2014 – Week#1 & 2: Getting Oriented & Acquainted”
Thank you for introducing my new site. LearningCall site evolved a lot in the shape and contents. The learning in the net is always connected. Have a nice one!