- Join the Diigo Learning Call Group
- Complete an Entrance Survey.
- Create an account at Quizlet.com. Join the BUFS TTP Quizlet Class. Quizlet App here.
Hanging Out in the Google Universe
Add your classmates to a ‘circle’ (TTPClass#1 here, TTP Class#2 here)
Later, you can update your Google+ profile, find others to follow, and download the Hangout app to use it on mobile devices.
In class, we will attempt to use a Hangout to text chat and video conference.
Google+ Hangout Guide
Blogger TweaksQuestions? Blogger Guide. To see some examples of what you can do with a ‘Blogger’ blog check out the ones below.
- From former TTP Trainnes
SmartLearning, Humming English, Happy English w/Xena, Nayoung’s English
- Collablogatorium(by Carla Arena – CALL practitioner extraordinaire)
- ESLTeacher in Korea (University instructor in Busan)
- LearningCall.net(this site)
To experiment with your new blog, try
- posting a photo
- posting a video
- adding ‘gadgets’ to the side of your blog
- embedding a presentation from slideshare or Ted Talk or Quizlet(using html mode)
Begin Exploring Activities, Games, & Quizzes
- Explore the Games & Activities Guide
- Creation Sites: Quizlet Proprofs Jeopardy , Jeopardy Kids
- Look at examples – Hot Potatoes ProProfs Quizlet Padlet (nice Google Doc usage here)
- Play a few online Word Games
- Explore activity sites and use Diigo to bookmark your favorite sites Use our Hangout to share and comment on any interesting finds
- Create something with Quizlet, Profprofs, or Padlet and post it on your blog
- Create other kinds of games using websites or downloadable programs
- Create a short blog post about your thoughts on activity resources and using them in your teaching