The goal of the first two weeks is to get set up with some of the accounts and tools we’ll be using (and to grab your first plate of goodies from the buffet).
- Go to gmail.com and Create a gmail account if you don’t already have one.
PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE, REMEMBER YOUR ID & PASSWORD!
- Complete the CALL Entrance Survey
- We will go over the Tips & Tricks page in class. If you have any questions, take another look and/or ask Jeff for clarification.
- Sample the Buffet! Go to the Websites page and explore some of the CALL related websites or look through some of the skills guides listed in the left side column.
- (Optional) Watch Salman Khan’s Ted Talk about The Flipped Classroom. This course is conducted as a type of ‘Flipped Classroom’ and this will provide you with some background information about this approach.
———–Week #2 Tasks————-
(feel free to get a headstart if you like)
- Create a Blog by going to http://blogger.com/ or clicking ‘More/Blogger’ from your Gmail menu. Blogger Guide here. Create your first blog post about Week#1 of TTP, thoughts on the Flipped Classroom,or anything else you like.
- If you’d like to updated your Google+ Profile, go to http://plus.google.com and click ‘Profile/About/Edit Profile’.