Today we’re going to create a blog and get set up with a Diigo account for social bookmarking.
Blogger is Google blog creation tool. To see some examples of what you can do with a ‘Blogger’ blog check out the ones below.
Collablogatorium (by Carla Arena – CALL practitioner extraordinaire)
ESLTeacher in Korea (University instructor in Busan)
Korean Class Massive (Non-Korean blogging about K-culture)
LearningCall.net (this site)
Diigo allows you to bookmark sites from any computer, share those links with others, and tune in to other peoples’ links.
- Create a Blog by going to Blogger.com or clicking ‘More/Blogger’ from your Gmail menu. Blogger Guide here.
- Create an account at Diigo.com
Join the Learning Call Group here.
Step by step Diigo Guide here.
When you’ve created a blog and a Diigo account, please go to th 5+1 Portfolio Page and paste the URL’s of your blog and Diigo account.
For the remainder of class, experiment with these tools
- Do some social bookmarking. Use Diigo to bookmark at least three sites, Start with sites you already use for some CALL purpose (Korean sites are fine).
Then sample ‘buffet items’ from the CALL Websites page and use Diigo to bookmark sites of interest. (Remember, go to the site and click the ‘Blue D)
- Create a post on your Blog about your first two weeks of TTP, your thoughts about Salman Khan’s Ted Talk, or any other topic of interest. You can also experiment with posting photos or videos and adding gadgets.
- Look at other areas of the LearningCall website that are of particular interest to you or get a headstart on next week’s tasks.
Coming up next week…
- Exploring EnglishCentral.com I will explain more about this during Week#3 class, but feel free to look at the EnglishCentral Guide, register for an account at EnglishCentral.com, and explore.
- Using Google Drive (Google Docs) and other Google Tools (Reader, Presentations, Photos, Maps, Hangouts, etc.)