- Log in to Gmail, Diigo, & Silverreader.com
- If you don’t see Diigo’s ‘blue D’ in the top right corner of chrome, click here and ‘get it now’.
- If you haven’t already done so, join the Learning Call Diigo Group
- Go to Silverreader.com, save it to your Diigo bookmarks. (tags: rss reader ttp)
- Go to the main page of your blog, add it to your Diigo bookmarks and share it with the LearningCall Group. (tags: blogs ttp)
- Go to the 3+3 Group Notes Google Doc, bookmark it with Diigo
- If you’d like, join the 3+3 Facebook group and friend each other.
In-class overview of the Video Guide
- Sites that use video for language learning
- Posting Videos on your blog
- Downloading YouTube and other online videos
- Editing videos with Windows Movie Maker
- Watching TV Shows and Movies online
- Screen capturing & sharing
Things to try…
– Look at the Video Guide Explore the sites listed there. Use Diigo to bookmark those or other video sites of interest.
– Go to YouTube.com, find any video of interest and post it on your blog (instructions here)
– Use a video download tool (like Torch or KeepVid.com) to save a video file from a YouTube Video
– Use Windows Movie Maker to edit that video.
– Use your webcam to create and post your own video on YouTube. Become a YouTube Star! Guide here
Explore the Audio Guide
Things to do/try
- Look at resources, use Diigo to bookmark interesting ones
- Try to record an audio file online or with Audacity
- Try to extract audio from an online video
- Try to make a Voki chatbot and post it on your blog