End of the Week Goals
– Quizlet Vocab with at least 30 words
– post a slideshare or Google presentation on your blog
– add at least one video you use in your teaching to the Elementary or Secondary YouTube playlist
– post at least one video or playlist on your blog.
Go to the Presentations Guide.
- Watch the video
- Check the links of interest
- Find a Slideshare presentation of interest and post it on your blog.
- Create a basic Google Presentation and post it on your blog.
Look at The Learning CALL Video Guide and the screencasts there
The guide covers….
- Sites that use video for language learning
- Posting Videos on your blog
- Downloading YouTube and other online videos
- Editing videos with Windows Movie Maker
- Watching TV Shows and Movies online
- Screen capturing & sharing
- Creating a YouTube Playlist
To Do Tasks
- Look at the Language Learning Sites listed on the Video Guide Explore the sites listed there. Use Diigo to bookmark at least three of those or other video sites of interest.
- Go to YouTube.com, Ted Talks, or other video sharing sites, find any video of interest, and post it on your blog by copying the embed code.
- Use a video download tool (like Savefrom.net, KeepVid.com, or Torchbrowser ) to save a video file from YouTube or another video sharing site.
- Use a screencapture tool like Ocam (download) or Screencast-o-matic to record a screencast and post it to YouTube or your blog.
- Use Windows Movie Maker (or Vivavideo app) to edit a video.
- Check out and join the TTP YouTube MegaPlaylists