Plug in your headset.
Click on the little +YourName at the very upper left of your gmail window.
Getting started with Google+ here
If you see ‘Jeffrey Lebow is hanging out”, click ‘Join this Hangout’.
Hang out. Smile when Jeff takes the Class Hangout Screenshot Picture.
Next, let’s play with Todaysmeet.com
Go to http://todaysmeet.com/LearningCall
Enter your name and click Join.
Type something and click ‘Say’.
PUFS TTP Fall 2011 Group here.
If you’d like to become ‘friends’ with Jeff, you can do so here by clicking ‘Add Friend’.
Review assorted skills
– Make a Hot Potatoes Activitiy
– Record audio with Audacity and post it on your blog
– Post photos and videos on your blog
– Create a Google Presentation or Prezi
– Check your Google Reader and comment on blogs
– Sample the website buffet and use Diigo to bookmark sites of interest
Experiment with some new ones
– Create a PBWorks account and upload an html or mp3 file there. This will allow you to have your own space for uploading those kinds of files.
– Experiment with social networking. Create a Twitter account and find people to follow. Explore some of the Language Learning communities out there.
– Experiment with chat tools like TodaysMeet, Voki, or Natural Reader
Write a blog post about…
…the 5 most useful CALL resources you’ve seen (in this class or elsewhere) with short descriptions of why you like them.
…how you might use CALL tools in your teaching