Before tackling Week#2 Tasks, please make sure you have….
- a Gmail address, Blogger blog, and Diigo account.
- Make sure you’ve included that information TES531 Account Info Page
Our First Virtual Session: Thursday, March 12 7:30pm This is an opportunity to connect in real time and troublsehoot any challenges you’re experiencing Participation is not required, but it would be great to connect with as many of you as possible. Please RSVP here to let me know if you plan on joining in or not.
To join the Hangout, make sure you’ve added Jeff to your Google+ circles, and installed the Hangout app on your computer or mobile device. Then go to your Google+ page and wait for a message inviting you to the Hangout. I will also text a join link to our Hangout text chat. If you are having trouble, you can view the Hangout at the Learning Call Hangout Center and make contact via the text chat there. When you participate in the Hangout, please use a headset (or at least ear buds) if possible. This will help improve sound quality for everyone.
Google+ Hangout Guide here
Week#2 To Do Checklist
- Make sure you’ve already completed everything on the Week#1 Checklist
- Keep exploring the Buffet of CALL websites and using Diigo to bookmark sites of interest.
- Create a blog post that contains a photo or video and short description.
- Look through the Games & Activities Guide and Bookmark at least three sites of interest with Diigo.
- Either create your own Quizlet (or find one of interest) and post it on your blog.
- Create a short blog post about your thoughts on activity resources and using them in your teaching and/or learning
- If/When you have questions about anything, please post them in the Learning CALL Google Community or our Band.
Keep Sampling the Buffet and Using Diigo
- Keep exploring the Buffet of CALL websites and using Diigo to bookmark sites of interest. Make sure you have diigo’ed at least three sites by the end of this week.
Diigo Guide Screencast (full size here)
Start using your blog! (Blogger Guide here)
To experiment with your new blog, try
- posting a photo
- posting a video
- adding ‘gadgets’ to the side of your blog
- embedding a presentation from slideshare or Ted Talk or Quizlet (using html mode)
Begin Exploring Activities, Games, & Quizzes
- Explore the Games & Activities Guide
Diigo sites that you find interesting/useful
If you know of other useful activity sites that are not listed on LearningCall.net, please Diigo them and share them with the LearningCall Group.
- Creation Sites: Quizlet Proprofs , Jeopardy, SuperTeacherTools, Crossword Puzzle
Look at examples – Quizlet Hot Potatoes ProProfs , Jeopardy, online crosswords,
- Play a few online Word Games
Things to Try
- Explore activity sites and use Diigo to bookmark your favorite sites.
- Browse existing Quizlets at: http://quizlet.com/languages-and-vocab/
- Create something with Quizlet, Profprofs, or other Activity Tool and post it on your blog
Here’s a guide to using Quizlet
Coming Attractions (some of the things we’ll be exploring next week)
Next week we will start exploring other parts of the Google Universe. Feel free to take a sneak peek.
|Gmail||Drive|| Google Plus