The goal of the first two weeks is to get oriented to the course, acquainted with each other, and get set up with some of the accounts and tools we’ll be using (and to grab your first plate of goodies from the buffet).
- Go to gmail.com and Create a gmail account if you don’t already have one. (this ID might be used for public posting. If you want to remain anonymous online, please choose a pseudonym – don’t use your real name as an ID).
PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE, REMEMBER YOUR ID & PASSWORD!
Add your Gmail address to the TTP Account Info Doc
- When logged in to your Gmail, go to Jeff’s Google+ Page and add him to your ‘circles’.
- Create a Blog by going to http://blogger.com/ or clicking the ‘Google Matrix/More/Blogger’ from your Gmail menu. Blogger Guide here. Create your first blog post about anything you like. Add your Blog URL to the TTP Account Info Doc
To see some examples of what you can do with a ‘Blogger’ blog check out the ones below.
From former TTP Trainees
Humming English, Nayoung’s English, Jackie’s Ideabox, Claire’s English Playground, SmartLearning, Undertaker’s English, Happy English w/Xena
… and others
- Collablogatorium (by Carla Arena – CALL practitioner extraordinaire)
- ESLTeacher in Korea (University instructor in Busan)
- LearningCall.net (this site)
- To experiment with your new blog, try
– posting a photo
– posting a video
– adding ‘gadgets’ to the side of your blog
- Create an account at Diigo.com Register here. Step by step Diigo Guide here. Make sure to Join the Learning Call Group . Diigo is a social bookmarking tool that allows you to bookmark sites from any computer, share those links with others, and tune in to other peoples’ links.
After you’ve registered, try bookmarking at least three sites. Sample the Buffet! Go to the Websites page and explore some of the CALL related websites . For a Korean-friendly look at some great CALL sites and tools, you can check out 오정훈 ‘s new site: http://www.ismartedu.net/ You can also look through some of the skills guides listed in the left side column. Try to bookmark anything interesting using Diigo.
Add your Diigo Profile URL to the TTP Account Info Doc
- Create an account at Quizlet.com. You can use your gmail address if desired. Join the BUFS TTP Quizlet Class. Quizlet App here.
- If you’d like to update your Google+ Profile, go to http://plus.google.com and click ‘Profile/About/Edit Profile’.
- Join the TTP Spring 2015 Band
Website: Band.us Apps: Android Apple Band Screencast
- Once you have created your blog and Diigo account, complete an Entrance Survey.
- (Optional) Watch Salman Khan’s Ted Talk about The Flipped Classroom and/or the KBS Flipped Classroom Documentary. This course is conducted as a type of ‘Flipped Classroom’ and this will provide you with some background information about this approach.
(Optional) Look at some of the tools we’ll be experimenting with and how former trainees have used them.
- Park Ji Hye’s Space Powtoon
- Lee Young Hye’s Quizlet Set
- Oh Hayeon’s Unit 5 Prezi
- Im Keun Mi’s Pancake Lesson – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4